Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patty's Day! + Awkward and Awesome Thursday

Sydney from The Daybook started Awkward and Awesome Thursdays.  We recently started doing this, and I think it's quite fun.  If you would like to get linked up for Awkward & Awesome Thursdays visit The Daybook and leave your link and grab a badge!

Awesome

1) Celebrating St. Patty's Day!  I'm not a huge beer fan, but any celebration of Irishness is lovely.  My grandma was born on St. Patrick's Day so I pray for her soul on St. Patrick's Day.  Also, Shea lives in Ireland! So I'm sure she's having an awesome time today.
2) Snickers Cupcakes.  I decided to make some for my work peeps today.  They are devil's food cake + bite size snickers on the inside.  Obviously I added green sprinkles for St. Patty's Day!



3) The warm sunshine.  I enjoyed some relaxing time on our back patio last night.  It as lovely to feel the warm wind blowing on my bare legs! 

Awkward
1) Having to make important calls on my own!  We have a large client at our firm.  My boss trusted me to get a letter out to a county zoning admin for this big company (our client).  The letter was fairly simple, but as I got into it I realized there was a bit of a snag! I decided to stick with my boss's conclusion and ask him about the issue this morning.  Turns out it was the right call.  Yay for not getting too creative!
2) Old guys that stare at me.  Anyone that stares at me for that matter.  In my spinning (cycling) class there is an older guy that is pretty nice.  But today he was staring at me the WHOLE time.  Lame.  Maybe I looked odd for some reason.
3) When people walk by as I am taking pictures.  I am pretty good about acting like I'm cool.  I try to make eye contact and then keep going. But, I always end up rushing through the shots after the interruption. 

Have a lovely St. Patty's Day!

Outfits lately

After my weekend of traveling to Garden City, KS then across the state to Kansas City, Kansas I was exhausted.  So Monday was a glasses day.  I wore a Gap striped button down under a pink J. Crew sweater.  The pants are Victoria's Secret straight leg.  The shoes are Nurture. 


On Wednesday I wore my plaid dress from Century 21 in Long Island, NY.  Century 21 has a lot of great deals on designer stuff.  It was still a bit cold yesterday so I did some layering.  I wore the dress with my black Express turtleneck, Calvin Klein tights and red Nine West Shoes.  For accessories I wore the pearls my grandma had made for me. 



For St. Patty's Day I tried to work in a bit of green with my jacket and accessories.  I wore a Jones NY jacket with a dark brown Antonio Melani dress.  I love the cowl neck of this dress.  I can't bring myself to wear a necklace with it for fear of distracting from the lovely neckline! My shoes are a recent purchase from Scarpasa.  They were on sale!  You can still purchase this exact style here.  

Scarpasa has been running some great deals lately.  Right now you can get 30% off because they have been open one year.  They also have a new lovely style on sale for $49 that I may be purchasing!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to leave a comment if you would like!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...