Thursday, February 10, 2011

Mellow Yellow

For day 9 of the 30 for 30  remix I hoped to conservatively re-create the look of Keni Everyday here.  This trend apparently is called "color blocking" which I learned about from Cublic Chic.   I think that Meredith from Cubicle Chic did a lovely job with color blocking here.  I did wear Barney color bright magenta tights to a law office.  My boss gave me some crap about it...I *think* he was joking.  My idol blogger Jenny Hamilton might scold me for wearing something so striking to the office! But it was worth it.  I got to explain to my 55 year old WASP boss what "color blocking" is.  His response "Is that from New York or something?".  Yes Steve, I'm THAT trendy.

I also wore one of my favorite vintage finds.  This dress was found at Arizona Trading Company in Lawrence, Kansas.  It is from the old department store in Kansas City called Hertzfeld's.  My grandma speaks of it lovingly.

Sorry for the fuzzy pics! I'm still learning about how my point-and-shoot operates with my tripod!




(shop similar boots (these are the same boots actually), tightscardigan )

What I wore:
Vintage brown velvet dress - Hertzfeld's - Thrifted $20.00
Belt - free with a dress from Dillard's.
White textured shirt - Gap - $12.00
Mustard and White Cardigan Sweater - Target - $13.00
Pink tights - Target - Xhilaration - $5.00
Brown Etienne Aigner Riding Boots - $60.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to leave a comment if you would like!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...