Friday, February 4, 2011

Life without Cable...missing HGTV

Home Improvement by Angela!

I try to live simply....for many reasons.  One of the luxuries that we left behind when moving into our house was cable.  It truly isn't a necessity.  I still have the few main channels that are free.  So yes, I can watch Desperate Housewives, Modern Family, Big Bang Theory...and a few other favorite shows.  However, the one thing that I do miss quite a bit is HGTV...and especially Divine Design with Candace Olson.  The lack of cable does get me to the gym a bit more often to watch my favorite shows though ;).  In channeling Candace I thought I would share a few of my favorite designs.  I especially love how she uses texture.  It adds so much visual interest and depth to the space. In the first space I love the textures and the chandelier.  Candace often uses amazing lighting.


This room also features velvet...I must really love that stuff.  This room also features another great lighting piece.


 This is such a calming space to me.  I really did not give up on accent walls until I saw how calming Candace's spaces were.   I used to love Trading Spaces and the accent walls they used so often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to leave a comment if you would like!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...