Friday, February 4, 2011

Friend Friday


Modley Chic  has come up with some question for fellow fashion bloggers to answer each Friday!
1. With all the blogging events out there how do you determine which ones to participate in and which ones to avoid? 
Angela - The point of starting my fashion blog was to go beyond my traditional comfort zone.  So I hope to participate in events that further that goal.  So far the 30 x 30 challenge certainly supports that goal.

Shea - I agree with Ang that the 30 x 30 challenge is a great way to push myself to be as creative as I used to be with my fashion.
2. Be honest, have you ever jumped on the bandwagon of some blogging movement/event for the wrong reasons? How did that turn out? 
Angela - I have not been blogging long....so I have not really done any odd things for the "wrong reasons"


Shea - Again, I agree with Ang. I haven't been an active 'blogger' for very long (and still need to post the blogs I have for here!) so I haven't done any bandwagon jumping! In general, I wouldn't follow a fashion trend just because it is 'in fashion' at the moment. I still don't like jumpsuits, peg jeans and harem pants even though they are all quite popular here. I much prefer to wear what I like rather than what the magazines say I should be wearing.
3. How do you give your own flair to a blog event while still maintaining the general mission and purpose?
Angela -  I like to post about anything fashion or lifestyle related.


Shea - I think we will try to accomplish that by having this be a blog about lots of different things. We are still working with the layout and little details that give the site a feeling of uniqueness.
4. When determining the best content for your blog what criterion do you keep in mind?
Angela - I do try to consider whether it is aesthetically pleasing and whether it falls into one of the areas that I've blogged about before.


Shea - Yes, same here. I will be posting under much of the same headings as Ang and there may be some labels that we will both post in together.

 
5. While everything will not suit your blog, how do you try and support your fellow bloggers who are participating in something worthwhile but not your style? 
Angela - I read many other blogs and I comment when I have something witty or constructive to add.


Shea- Fashion is an individual thing and as such, not everyone will have the same idea of what makes something fashionable. I comment if I really like something I see but if it's not hitting the right note, I usually don't say anything. I like to see other bloggers taking risks and looking amazing when it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to leave a comment if you would like!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...