Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Things I'm enjoying about fall - Apple Cider


There are a few things I LOVE about fall, one of those is apple cider.  This year I tried something new to make my cider have that extra bit of taste and depth that I find at some holiday parties.  I have been taking "mulling" spice that you can find at stores like Trader Joe's and putting it in my cider.  I then microwave it, or put it in a pan and let it boil.  You can then use a strainer to strain out the bits of goodness, but I've been leaving them in lately.  They just end up in the bottom of the cup!  The mulling spice seems to add those extra flavors that fancy ciders have in them.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to leave a comment if you would like!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...