Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving AND Things I'm enjoying about Fall - Pumpkin butter

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Shea Babe, I hope that you managed to find some pumpkin puree for some pumpkin pie.  In honor of the lovely taste of pumpkin I decided to share the recipe for Pumpkin Butter which has been part of my morning breakfast routine the last month or two.

I am so Thankful that our plans have worked out so that I am actually in the SAME CITY as my husband every night.  I know that many people have it much worse when their spouse is serving overseas.  In many countries in the Middle East and Asia spouses actually work in different countries permanently!  So living without my Joshy from Monday morning through Thursday night really wasn't too bad.  But I just hated feeling like we were not a part of each other's every day lives.  It is SO much better now.  I am really thanking the Lord for every lovely comment, snuggling, or other memory we are enjoying together.

What are you thankful for?  I had a friend that did "Days of Thanksgiving" on facebook.  She put up one thing she was thankful for each day.  It was really cute.  I'm going to have to try and remember to do that next year?

I am also thankful for fall!
I don't really like milk very much, so I have started having toast in the mornings.  The sugary jam got a bit old after awhile.  So I moved on to apple butter.  Then one of the blogs I read, Eat Yourself Skinny, had a recipe for Pumpkin Butter and I decided to give it a try.  I accidentally purchased Libby's Pumpkin Pie mix rather than pureed pumpkin so I decided to go with it the first time I made pumpkin butter.  The second time I made it I tried the pureed pumpkin that the recipe calls for the second time.  I liked the pumpkin butter MUCH better with the Libby's Pumpkin Pie mix.


Here is my pumpkin butter recipe adapted from Eat Yourself Skinny:

1 29 oz can of Libby's Pumpkin Pie Mix
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp Pumpkin Pie mix (that has cloves, ginger, nutmeg, and allspice)

Combine all of these ingredients over medium/high heat.  Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer.  It is so tasty! 



My husband and I are on the way to Aspen for some fun Thanksgiving times.  We brought his parents along to celebrate the holidays.  I'll have to put a few pics up here when we return!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to leave a comment if you would like!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...