Thursday, July 12, 2012

Sunday with the Seminarians

I wore this dress I purchased from the Pretty Penny blog store to Church and for breakfast with our Seminarians.   I added silver Nine West flats that have the cutest bling on the front.  I call them my Cinderella slippers!

We go to St. Leo's Catholic Church in Palmyra, Nebraska.  It has been an interesting experience.  All of our other churches have been quite large.  There are approximately 20 to 40 people at each mass at St. Leo's.  The church is very small and was built in the 1880s.   It's very sweet that we have gotten to know people so quickly because our church is so small.

On Sunday we had some Seminarians at mass, they were visiting our parish for the week.  Seminarians are priests in training.  Apparently they really don't have classes to teach priests about the business and practical aspects of running a parish!

Oddly enough, the next day was my first day at my new job.  My assistant, named Andrew, was actually a Seminarian.  He only had three years left and he would have been a priest.  He's a very interesting guy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to leave a comment if you would like!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...