Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!!

I hope you have a spooky day today! Last week at work I had a pumpkin carving morning with some of the members. It was the first time they had ever carved a pumpkin and they really enjoyed it! I decided to make use of the leftover pieces and make them some pumpkin pie for the monthly social we were having a few days later. I've never made pumpkin pie with real puree...always the canned Libbys filling. I was nervous I wouldn't be able to get it to taste as sweet. Well, there was no reason to fear. They came out awesome and here's the link to the recipe I used. I originally wanted to do the bite sized ones on Bakerella but coudn't find a mini muffin tin and wanted to use evaporated milk instead of cream cheese. I'm really excited to know that if my annual Thanksgiving care package doesn't make it from home then I can improvise with some real pumpkins :D

Oh and here's what I wore to work today!
A close-up of my spider tights!
And here's our carved pumpkin!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to leave a comment if you would like!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...