Monday, October 22, 2012

Banana and Peanut Butter Muffins

On Thursday I had the day off from work. Little one was pretty good most of the day and took a big long nap! I decided to use up a few bananas I had before they went too bad. I found a recipe for Banana and Peanut Butter muffins here. It's by Rachel Allen, an Irish chef. Her recipe does not call for any frosting or extra decoration (because I suppose they are muffins and not cupcakes...) but I just thought that peanut butter begs to be paired with Nutella so I added some!

Here are the ingredients:
  • 275 g plain flour
  • 50 g oats
  • 1 tbsp baking powder
  • eggs
  • 75 g light brown sugar
  • bananas
  • 115 g crunchy peanut butter (I used smooth)
  • 50 g butter, melted
  • 250 ml milk

And the directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 190C/gas 5. 

2. Fill a muffin tray with 12 paper muffin cases. 

3. Mix the flour, oats, and baking powder in a bowl and set aside. 

4. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, and then stir in the sugar, mashed bananas, peanut butter and the melted butter. 

5. Add the milk and stir to combine. 

6. Gently fold in the dry ingredients until just combined; do not over mix. 

7. Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases and bake for 18-25 minutes, or until the tops spring back when gently touched. 

8. Allow to stand for a minute before turning out to cool on a wire rack. 



The finished product! I think they look really yummy with the frosting and extra dried banana chips as decoration. I must admit that they weren't as sweet as I had hoped they would be. I don't think the recipe calls for enough sugar or peanut butter so if I make them again, I would probably double the amounts of both. I would also leave out the oats because they didn't really add anything to the muffins in my opinion! Despite the gripes, everyone who had one said they were great :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to leave a comment if you would like!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...