Thursday, February 23, 2012

Broccoli, Chicken, & Noodle Casserole

We had a huge head of broccoli on its last leg, so I decided to make use of it.  I used a recipe from Skinny Taste.com that can be found here.  I have adapted it slightly though.

Preheat your oven to 375.  Start your water on high so you can boil your noodles. Fry up some chicken (I used 3 breasts) with a smidge of butter then shred the chicken pieces.

Saute your broccoli with some garlic and oil.  Cover the pan and let it cook for 3 minutes.  Set it aside.  You can use your pan with the broccoli and garlic juice to make the gravy that is going to mix everything up.  Fry onions (I didn't have chives), add 3 tb flour, then 1 1/3 cup chicken stock, and 1 cup of milk.  Whisk together.  Bring it to a boil then simmer for 6 minutes or so, until it thickens.  Then throw in the cheddar cheese and noodles.  I almost wanted to stop there because it was almost a super tasty mac and cheese!



When it is melted throw your broccoli, shredded chicken and noodles in.  Once it is all covered put the mixture in a baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.  I topped it off with some cheese and panko bread crumbs. They have such a great texture!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to leave a comment if you would like!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...