Sunday, December 4, 2011

Easy crock put chicken & dumplings

My new job requires more hours than my earlier job did.  I love the new job, but I've had to adjust my cooking slightly.  One fun way to have a great dinner ready is with a crock pot!

I love chicken and dumplings, but the dumplings normally requires a lot of work!  I found a recipe on the blog Bubblecrumb uses flaky grands biscuits as the dumplings.  They really do turn out as tasty little dumplings! She suggests just five biscuits cut up into small pieces.   I would suggest using the whole package of seven or eight biscuits.  We would have enjoyed more dumplings!


I also added more salt and pepper.  I cooked my chicken and dumplings on low for 10 hours.  I put the biscuits in for the last two hours of cooking.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to leave a comment if you would like!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...